Packing List

It's not always obvious what one should bring on a faraway trip for six months. It seems nearly impossible to do without an enormous, old-fashioned trunk. You should always carry silk and perfume, or so it seems. Your luggage should be brimming with hiking boots and panama hats. In my case, I knew I needed boots to wade through street debris and standing water. I knew I needed a prescription for a pill that would bomb out the contents of my stomach, and malaria pills. I received a mosquito net for Christmas. I need an unquanitifiable amount of sunscreen and about 40 double-A batteries. A friend suggested a camera. Another told me to be sure to pack a can opener. I spared one suitcase for books. I'll live out of a suitcase and write every day.


Comments

  1. you haven't crossed over to the Kindle/iPad side??

    Hooray for you!

    ginna

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts